Statistics make event planning much easier since they provide a unique, inside view of the habits and preferences of attendees. But that’s not all they’re good for. Statistics also paint a very clear picture of the state of event planning and marketing, including everything from budgets and strategies to technology and future growth.
- Currently, more than half of all marketers in the United States use real-time marketing tactics to promote their events. (Source: Wayin)
- 88% of markets take advantage of social media to increase awareness in the weeks and months leading up to their event. (Source: FreemanXP & Event Marketing Institute)
- Most B2B companies spend five to eight weeks planning an event. (Source: HubSpot)
- 59% of B2B companies never charge guests to attend their events. (Source: HubSpot)
- 88% of event professionals claim using an event app has a positive impact on attendee satisfaction. (Source: Guidebook)
- Event technology increases event attendance up to 20%, improves productivity 27%, and reduces overhead by 25%. (Source: Frost & Sullivan)
- Event budgets consume anywhere from 20-25% of a company’s marketing budget. (Source: HubSpot)
- Companies increased their event and experimental marketing budgets by more than 6% in 2015 – a trend expected to continue in 2016 (Source: EMI & Mosaic)
- 83% of marketers claim increasing sales is their top event marketing goal (Source: Center for Exhibition Industry Research)
- CMOs surveyed feel that Return on Investment (ROI) is the best way to measure the success of an event. (Source: IBM)
- Nearly half of regular event attendees believe the value of face-to-face interactions is at an all-time high (Source: Center for Exhibition Industry Research)
- An estimated 48% of brands see an ROI ranging from 3:1 to 5:1 following events. (Source: EMI & Mosaic)
We know this is a lot to take in, but these statistics paint a very compelling image of the current and future state of event planning and marketing.
The team at Fourth Wall Events is here to help you navigate the many nuances of the entire process – from concept to execution. Partner with us today, and let’s take advantage of current event industry trends to turn your dream into a reality!