Planning an event can be challenging, but here at Fourth Wall we strive to make the process as easy as possible. A big part of making an event go off without a hitch is utilizing technology to keep things organized and reach potential attendees. While there are numerous new emerging (and expensive) technologies being used by major event planning companies, there are also many affordable event-planning apps for your iPhone or Android phone.
- Evernote allows you to keep your best event planning ideas organized and lets you delegate tasks and roles to members of your team or just friends helping out. At its core, Evernote is a mobile filing cabinet so anything including travel itineraries, venue ideas, and caterer quotes can be stored in one, easy-to-access program. You can also sync up the app across numerous devices so nothing falls between the cracks.
- Boomset revolves around event registration. Keeping track of who attends your event is very important in this day and age, and Boomset lets you easily check in attendees via a QR scanner. The app also lets you print badges and create wristbands to allow easy reentry into your event. With a comprehensive list of who show up to your event, you can successfully target new clients and get to know reoccurring guests.
- ScannerPro takes your clutter and kicks it to the curb. Receipts, contracts, and other important documents can be easily scanned with a snapshot, converted into a PDF and emailed to your account. All too often event planners hit massive speed bumps in the planning process due to a missing document, but with ScannerPro, you can rest easy.
- 24me is your own personal assistant in your pocket. The app sets reminders to help you keep up with day-to-day tasks both in and outside the workplace via an automated to-do list. So whether you need to pay a deposit to hold an event space or simply remember a night out with friends, 24me has got you covered.
- Super Planner takes the numbers involved with event planning and simplifies them. Everything from food portions and venue capacity to staffing numbers and the event’s overall budget are broken down with Super Planner’s unique calculators.
Planning for an event is always easier with a dedicated team at your back, but before your next event, do yourself a favor and put your smartphone to work!