Marketing efforts can make or break an event. For this reason, marketing professionals are constantly looking for new and unique ways to promote events.
It takes a very special type of person to market an event to its fullest capacity, and according to Event Manager Blog, the most successful marketers share some common (and necessary) traits.
- Know the audience– Every event is different and so is the audience. A successful marketing approach to one group may not work for another. Conduct research on your target audience and adjust your plan accordingly.
- Establish goals and stick to them – Events have many moving parts, making it easy to stray from your original goals. Before you start the marketing process, establish some goals – such as desired attendance numbers – and stick to them.
- Be flexible– The event marketing process can change at the drop of a hat. Constantly brainstorming and validating ideas helps you stay ahead of any sudden changes.
- Don’t disregard the competition– Event marketing techniques are constantly changing and to be the best, you need to learn from the best. If you see a great marketing idea, don’t be afraid to borrow aspects of it to promote your own event.
- Know the ins and outs of metrics– Online marketing makes it easy to measure the success of your efforts. Social media engagements, email opens, and click through rates are all easy to access and allow you to shift your strategy.
Read more at Event Manager Blog.
From start to finish, you can count on the team at Fourth Wall to plan, design, market, and manage your event. We bring the latest in event marketing technology to ensure your event is as flawless as it is memorable. Be sure to check us out at the Experiential Marketing Summit in Denver May 4th – 6th.
Let’s us show you how it’s done. Partner with us today!